A place to discuss things I haven’t written about. Also, Rebecca Kaplan fundraiser and municipal wifi meetings.
- Do you want to learn more about Rebecca Kaplan? You have a chance next Tuesday, when the Oakland Builders Alliance will be holding a fundraiser for her.
155 Grand Avenue, Suite 100
Bank of Alameda
Tuesday, September 23; 5:30pm – 7:30pm
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about Kaplan’s plans for Oakland. Since it is a fundraiser, donations will be requested. Please give what can, the race is going to be tight.
- I personally don’t think we should be pursuing municipal wireless right now. Maybe you agree with me, maybe you don’t. In any case, the City wants to know what you think. They’re holding focus groups in each district. Two already happened, but if you missed those, you still have a chance to make your voice heard:
- September 22, 2008, 5 PM City Hall Hearing Room 1
- September 22, 2008, 7:30 PM, Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Avenue
- September 23, 2008, 7 PM, North Oakland Senior Center, 5714 MLK
- September 24, 2008, 6 PM, Clinton Adult Education, 750 International Boulevard
- September 25, 2008, 5:30 PM, West Oakland Senior Center, 1724 Adeline
- September 25, 2008, 7:30 PM, Eastmont Substation, 2651 73rd Ave.
If you attend, you will be entered into a drawing to win an iPod shuffle.
Oh, and the old open thread is here, in case you want to refer back to a discussion there.