I love the winter holiday season! I love all the lights and the trees and the decorations. I love Christmas music. I love picking out the exact perfect presents for people, and then wrapping them all elaborately. I’m not much for eggnog, but I do like holiday parties. Just overall, the festive spirit makes me really happy.
Another thing I like about the holidays is events like the Montclair Holiday Stroll, which give people an excuse to break from their normal evening routine, and go be outside with their neighbors and support their local businesses.
This year’s stroll happens this Thursday evening, December 2nd, from 6:00 to 8:30 PM in adorable Montclair Village. Here’s more info from the Montclair Village Association website:
Village merchants stay open to welcome shoppers and their families for a gala kick-off to the holiday season.
The event features:
Merchant Special Offerings
Merchants are providing their own in-store entertainment, as well as refreshments for Strollers.
Merchant Holiday Window Display Contest
Selected merchants are participating in a Holiday Window Display Contest where Strollers are invited to judge the best windows. Ballots are available at participating stores, and Strollers who participate in the contest are eligible to win prizes in a drawing to be held after the event.
Holiday Center – Lucky Supermarket Parking Lot
We are cordoning off a section of the Lucky Supermarket parking lot at 4 PM. to set up a Holiday Center for entertainment. The current schedule of events:
- 6:00 PM – Piedmont East Bay Children’s Choir
- 6:20 PM – Arrival of Santa (Receiving children until 8:30 PM)
- 6:45 PM – Oakland Youth Chorus
- 7:30 PM – Piedmont High School Troubadours
- 6 – 8:30 PM – Kids in Motion Face Painting
On Village Sidewalks
Other Village locations are featuring musical performances:
- 6:00 PM – Piedmont High School Troubadours – Village Square
- 6:30 PM – Bishop O’Dowd Brass Ensemble – La Salle/Mountain intersection
- 7:15 PM – Pacific Boychoir Academy – Madison/McCaulou’s Shoes
The following music groups are roaming the sidewalks throughout the Stroll:
- 6:30 – 8:00 PM – Tap Dancing Trees
- 6:30 – 8:30 PM – Barbershop Quartet