Below, I’ve listed some of the posts that were most popular over the years.
- Notes from AC Transit’s fare policy public input meeting
- AC Transit’s extensive service reduction planning process yields great results
- What do AC Transit’s service cuts mean for Oakland?
- Elizabeth Echols for AC Transit
East Bay BRT
- East Bay BRT Q and A
- AC Transit BRT project in jeopardy
- MTC, not AC Transit, is responsible if BRT in cancelled
Oakland Airport Connector
Planning and Zoning
- Understanding Specific Planning
- So what is CEQA, anyway?
- General Plan 101
- Oakland Zoning Update: Used to be uses
- How can we improve the area around Lake Merritt BART
- Planning Commission Passes CBD Zoning Proposal
- Are we downzoning or upzoning downtown Oakland?
- City Council passes zoning update with modifications
- TCUPs make a mockery of a long zoning update process
- Say no to more surface parking lots downtown
- Do you want more surface parking lots downtown?
- TCUPs return to Planning Commission
Victory Court Ballpark
- Oakland Planning Commission looks at Victory Court
- Tweeting #oakmtg: Victory Court Scoping Session
- Highlights from Victory Court stadium discussion at Oakland Planning Commission
- Trees and Dogs at Parks and Rec Advisory Commission
- Should a sex shop be allowed in Uptown?
- Bentley School: Shady Parking Thieves or Victim of NIMBYism?
- Can pedestrian friendly neighborhoods and fast food co-exist?
Transparency, Open Government, and Public Participation
- How to speak at the City Council
- How can Oakland improve access to public records?
- More Sunshine in Oakland
- How your ranked choice voting ballot gets counted
- Best Mayoral forum yet, I got video
- Measure DD: Hold your nose and vote yes
- Special election parcel tax to be considered again
- Taxes, taxes, taxes
- New Oakland Taxes, OO repeal update
- The most depressing part of the budget: poor DIT
- Free Parking for City Employees: Why?
- What should Oakland do about pensions?
- Understanding Employee Compensation
- Chill out. Nobody is actually planning on laying off 140 cops, folks
- Budget Bomb hasn’t gone off yet
- More pointless budget discussion tomorrow
- Budget decision coming on Tuesday
- Making sure this never happens again
- Will Oakland become a filthy city where nobody reads?
- Finding money on Oakland’s streets
- What would bankruptcy mean for Oakland?
- Mayor’s budget proposal: Deficient, but not a deficit
- Oakland’s failing streets
- Big dam vote today at Easy Bay MUD
- How should Oakland decided where to underground utilities?
- Should eminent domain be used to bring a grocery store to West Oakland?
- What criteria should be used to select public art?
- How do you use the East Bay Regional Parks?
- Might have to wait a little longer for that 12th Street Bridge
- Oakland Municipal ID cards back at Council
- Another chapter in the saga of the Kaiser Convention Center
- The zoo, taxis, and libraries: last night’s #oakmtg on twitter
- Oakland does cabaret reform: why make life easier for small businesses when you can take more money from them instead?
- Spotted: Near Riot at the West Oakland multi-purpose center
- OPD at 837 doesn’t mean what Dellums seems to think it means
- Update (or not) on the Kaiser Convention Center
- Highlights from last night’s Council meeting
- The field training problem with police recruitment
- Your shadow government
- What you missed at Council last night
- More parking, coming soon to a lake near you
- 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza: Oakland’s most expensive child care center